7 Easy & Simple Salad Recipes:-Salad is an instant, quick & easy recipe. Generally, it prepared by mixing small pieces of fruits, vegetables & other food items. It served as appetizer or as side dish. Salad also made with non-veg or high protein foods such as fish, eggs or meat. Salad recipes are perfect for making during summer.
Due to use of fresh veggies, fruits & high protein foods, it tastes really great. These incredible local practices in salad are so bizarre that they will make your jaw drop! For this reason salad getting more popular in the past decade.
Here are the 7 easy & simple mind blowing collections of best salad recipes, you will fall in love with these recipes.
- Sprout Salad Recipe
- Low calorie capsicum lentil baked salad
- Roasted vegetable couscous
- Warm lentil salad sausage apple
- Apple cheese pita pocket bread
- Lemon Basil dressing
- Baby corn, Bean Sprouts and Cucumber Salad
1. Sprout salad recipe
Step by step Sprout salad recipe
Calories–72, Fat–2.2g,cholesterol– 3.7mg,sodium– 57.1,potassium– 294.2, Carbohydrate–9.2g,Protein–4.9g
How to make sprout salad
- chickpeas (kabuli chana) ——- 1 cup
- black Chana —- 1 cup
- Green Moong —– 1 cup
- Tomato 1 medium —— 1 medium sized
- Onion — 1 medium sized
- Mint/parsley leaves—– 8-10
- Salt, pepper & black salt to taste
- Lemon ——– 6-8 drops
- vegetable/olive oil —— 1/2 tsp
- First soak chickpeas, black chana and mung in individual vessel in the morning in Luke warm water.
- Now drain them by evening
- Next morning by lunch time little sprouts start to come out.
- Take a vessel big enough for all three to fit in
- Now fill half the vessel with plain water and bring to a boil.
- Add chickpea and black chana. Let the water come to boil again before adding moong.
- Let them boil till tender (some like it very soft, some like such that they can bite it)
- Drain all together place them in a bowl and add to it chopped onion and tomatoes
- Sprinkle it with salt, black pepper and black salt. Garnish it with mint or parsely leaves.
Your salad is ready to serve.
2. Low calorie capsicum lentil baked salad
Step by step Low calorie capsicum lentil baked salad recipe
This is Indian low calorie salad can be taken in dinner or breakfast or lunch. If you on 2000 calorie diet per day than include this in your meal plan. This very tasty food and healthy. You can make before and can store in refrigerator and eat when ever you want. It saves your time. This is best foods to eat when on a low calorie diet. Hence, it is under 7 Easy & Simple Salad Recipes.
Calorie –233, fat– 4.7, sodium — 305 mg, carbohydrate — 35, protein — 11.6, vitamin c — 217%, vitamin A —- 15%, calcium — 15%, iron — 17%
- olive oil —– 1 tsp
- onion, peeled and finely chopped —– 1 large
- garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped ——1 clove
- lentils — 1/2 cup
- low-sodium, organic vegetable broth —– 2 1/2 cup
- red capsicums, de-seeded and chopped —— 4
- cooking apple such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and chopped —– 1 large
- dried basil —– 2 tsp
- white wine — 1/4 cup
- chopped tomatoes —– 400 gm
- cheddar cheese (shredded) —– 30 gm
- shredded parmesan cheese —– 10 gm
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Now Heat the olive oil gently in a large saucepan, add onion and garlic, and fry for five minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Now Add lentils and stir, then add vegetable stock. Boil it, then reduce heat and cook for 25 minutes.
- Now Add the capsicums, basil, apple, white wine, and tomatoes and mix well.
- Then Transfer the mixture to an oven-proof 9-by-13 baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top. Cook in oven for 30 minutes.
Serve immediately and refrigerate the remaining portions in individual servings.
3. Roasted vegetable and couscous (7 Easy & Simple Salad Recipes)
Step by step Roasted vegetable and couscous recipe
- red and yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges ——– 1
- red onion, cut into wedges ——– 1
- garlic cloves, chopped ———– 2
- olive oil ——– 2 tbsp
- giant couscous ——- 100 g (see tip)
- hot vegetable stock ——- 250 ml
- sweet fire beetroot wedges with fiery sweet chilli marinade ——- 180 g
- rocket ——— 100g
- salt to taste
- Heat the oven to 200•C, Put the peppers, onion and garlic into a roasting tin and drizzle with 1tbsp olive oil. Roast for 20 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- Now Heat the remaining 1tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add the cous cous and fry for a few minutes, then pour in the vegetable stock. add salt according to your taste.
- Stir occasionally for about 15 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the cous cous plumped up and tender.
- Mix in the roasted vegetables and divide between plates.
- Top with the beetroot wedges and a handful of rocket.
Your dish is ready. Serve warm or cold.
Instead of couscous, use dalia.
Instead of rocket you can use coriander
Add a squeeze of lemon juice for added zing
4. Warm lentil salad sausage apple
Step by step warm lentil salad sausage apple
The firmer quality of French green lentils takes a distinct place in this delicious salad recipe featuring sausage and tart apples. Best served with pickled beets and beer. Hence, it is under 7 Easy & Simple Salad Recipes.
- extra-virgin olive oil, divided——– 4 tbsp
- red-wine vinegar———– 2 tbsp
- Dijon mustard———- 1 tbsp
- salt———- ½ tsp
- freshly ground pepper———- ½ tsp
- hot or sweet turkey sausage, casings removed———– 3 links
- garlic, minced———- 3 cloves
- cooked or canned (rinsed) lentils (see Tip)———– 2 cups
- fennel, finely diced———— 1 small cup
- smith apple, finely diced——- 1 granny
- celery with leaves, finely diced——– 2 stalks
- arugula or mescalin greens——– 6 cups
- Put 3 tablespoons of oil, vinegar, mustard, salt (as per requirement) and pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook by stirring often and breaking up, until cooked through about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook 30 seconds more.
- Whisk in lentils and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in 5 tablespoons of the dressing and remove from the heat. Stir in fennel, apple and celery.
- Toss greens with the remaining dressing. Serve with the warm lentil mixture on top.
Your salad is ready to serve.
Tips & Notes
• Depending on the type of lentil, cook lentils in a saucepan covering with at least 1 inch of water and bring to a simmer and cook until just tender for 15 to 30 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. One cup of dry lentils products about 2 1/2 cups after cooked. Or use canned lentils: 15-ounce can = 1 1/2 cups. Before cooking, rinse canned lentils for reducing the sodium by about 35%.
5. Apple cheese pita pocket bread (7 Easy & Simple Salad Recipes)
Step by step Apple cheese pita pocket bread recipe
- Whole-wheat pita round (6-1/2-inch) or brown bread——— 1
- Mustard—– 1 tbsp
- Apple, sliced—— 1/2 medium
- Cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese—— 1 oz
- Mixed green (coriander, cilentro, lettuce)——– 1 cup
- first cut pita in half and spread mustard inside.
- Now fill with apple slices and cheese.
- Toast until the cheese begins to melt.
- Now add greens and serve
6. Lemon Basil dressing (7 Easy & Simple Salad Recipes)
Step by step lemon basil dressing recipe
- Olive oil—–1 teaspoon
- Garlic (chopped) —– 3 cloves
- fresh basil leaves (chopped) —- 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice—— 2 tsp
- Sugar substitute—— 1 sachet
- Salt to taste
- First Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and sauté till it browns lightly.
- Now add the basil leaves and mix well.
- Now keep it aside to cool completely.
- Finally add the lemon juice, sugar substitute, salt and pepper and mix well.
Your lemon basil dressing is ready to serve.
7. Baby corn, Bean Sprouts and Cucumber Salad
Step by step Baby corn, Bean Sprouts and Cucumber Salad
Diabetic recipe, healthy heart recipe, low cholesterol recipe, iron rich, pregnancy recipe quick recipe
All colorful veggies are dancing in delicious garlic and basil flavored dressing. the lemon which is used in this is a great source of vitamin c and the main wor of vitamin c is absorption of iron. Hence, it is under 7 Easy & Simple Salad Recipes.
If you don’t find fresh basil, substitute it with ¼ teaspoon of dried basil, as dried herbs are more potent than fresh herbs.
- Spring onions (chopped) ——- ½ cup
- Mushrooms (blanched and sliced) —— ½ cup
- Baby corns (blenched and cubed) ———– ½ cup
- Bean sprouts ———- ¾ cup
- Red and green capsicum (cut into cube) ———- ½ cup
- cucumber (cubed) ———— ½ cup
- complete it with lemon basil dressing
- Just Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss lightly.
- Now put in a Refrigerator.
- Just before serving, add the lemon basil dressing to the salad and toss well.