–Chicken 65 easy recipe-is a spicy, deep-fried chicken dish or quick snack, prepared using boneless or bone-in chicken and is usually served with onion and lemon garnish. The exact set of spices makes this dish very flavourable.
The story behind the name of Chicken 65 derived in different type of people sayings, as this dish has 65 ingredients into it, this was made in the year 1965 for the first time and in a very popular restaurant, No. 65 was the number assigned to this chicken dish on the menu.
1.Chicken 65 easy recipe,
2.Chicken 65 Gravy,
3..Chicken 65 Masala,
4.Chicken 65 dry
1. Chicken 65 easy recipe
- 500 Grams or a pound of boneless Chicken. 3 Tablespoon Corn Flour, 1 Tablespoon Rice Flour, 1 Teaspoon Salt, 1 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1 Teaspoon Coriander powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala, 1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste and 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice.
- Some Oil in a deep frying pan, a piece of tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic, curry leaves, 3 green Chillies silted in half, 1 Tablespoon Chilli Sauce, 1/2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Add 500 Grams or a pound of boneless Chicken into a bowl. Add 3 Tablespoon Corn Flour, 1 Tablespoon Rice Flour, 1 Teaspoon Salt, 1 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, 1 Teaspoon Coriander powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala, 1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste and 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice. Mix it all together Well. Also add a little bit of water.
- Heat some Oil in a deep frying pan and slowly start adding the Chicken. When the chicken becomes crispy and brown. Set it aside onto a piece of tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
- Heat some oil in a pan, and add the 1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic. When the garlic is cooked, add the curry leaves. After a while, add the 3 green Chillies silted in half, add 1 Tablespoon Chilli Sauce, 1/2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste and stir it Well.
- Now, slowly start adding the Chicken we set aside and stir it well. Now, the .Chicken 65 easy recipe is ready. Serve it
2.Chicken 65 Gravy
- Chicken thighs (Boneless, skinless)- 300 gms, bite size pieces.
For marinating the chicken-
- Ginger -1/2 inch, Garlic- 5 cloves, Cumin powder- 1/2 teaspoon, Soy sauce- 1 tablespoon, Kashmiri red chili powder/paprika- 1/2 teaspoon, Baking soda – 1/4th teaspoon or a pinch, which tenders the chicken. Sugar- 1/2 teaspoon, Curry leaves- 5-6, Oil – 1/2 teaspoon, Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon, Cornflour/ Cornstarch- 1 tablespoon heaped All purpose flour/ Maida- 1 tablespoon heaped, Egg- 1 use 1/2 of the beaten egg.
For preparing gravy
- Yogurt/curd- 2 tablespoons, Corn flour- 1 teaspoon, Chili sauce – 1/2 tablespoon or more for more spicy, Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 teaspoon, Sugar- 1/2 teaspoon, Soy sauce- 1/2 teaspoon, Salt- 1/2 teaspoon, Cumin powder- 1 teaspoon, Garam masala powder- 1/2 teaspoon, water – 1/2 cup, Ginger chopped- 1 tablespoon, Garlic chopped – 2 tablespoons, Green onion/spring onion – 2 large chopped, white part for frying, green part for garnishing.
- Oil – 2 teaspoons Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon Dry red chili- 1 Curry leaves – few, Use a stem as well for making the curry leaf flavored oil. Food color, 1 tablespoon Oil, sunflower/ canola/vegetable/peanut oil for deep frying.
- Take about 300 gms of boneless, skinless chicken thighs as they remain juicy even after frying, but you can prefer breast pieces. Turn the chicken piece to the side, then slanting your knife & cut along the thicker side just like opening a flap. Now the chicken will be more or less looking even in thickness and will cook faster and evenly. Then cut them into smaller pieces.
Steps for Marinating the chicken
- Take a half an inch of ginger and 5 garlic cloves and made them into a paste and add in chicken. Then add ½ teaspoon cumin powder, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, the soy sauce really brings up the flavour to a different level. Then ½ teaspoon kashmiri powder, 1/4th teaspoon or a pinch of baking soda. Baking soda also makes the chicken tender.
- Add ½ teaspoon sugar, 5 to 6 curry leaves ( stacked them together, folded them up and sliced them finely) and add to the chicken. Then add ½ teaspoon oil and mix everything, then add about a teaspoon of lemon or lime juice, next comes 1 heaped tablespoon of corn flour and 1 heaped tablespoon of maida or all purpose flour, mix a little.
- Beat an egg, then don’t add the whole egg but add in little portions at first because you don’t want the mixture to be too liquidy then the coating will not stay while frying. Marinate the chicken for a minimum of 1 hour.
Steps for Frying chicken
- Next heat some sunflower oil on medium to high heat. Use an oil that has a high smoking point like canola,vegetable or peanut oil.
- Don’t add all the pieces all in one go . When oil heated, fry them in batches or else the chicken pieces will clump up and wont cook properly. After adding them lower the heat to medium to low and leave them untouched for 4 minutes. If you stir soon after adding the chicken then the coating may falls off so wait for 4 minutes and then turn.
- After that fry for another 4 minutes till they turn golden brown. Keep a tray with a paper towel ready and take them out when they turn golden brown. After you take out these pieces then don’t add the next batch immediately. Again test with the because you have to bring up the temperature again and then add the chicken. While our chicken is frying, make the gravy for this.
Steps for making gravy
- Take 2 tablespoons of yogurt .To it, add 1 teaspoon of cornflour,½ tablespoon of chili sauce, you can add more if you prefer it to be more spicy,1 teaspoon of kashmiri red chili powder/paprika, ½ teaspoon sugar, ½ tablespoon of soy sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cumin powder and mix.
- Then add ½ cup of water and again mix. Finally add about ½ teaspoon garam masala powder . At the same time cut 2 green onions. The white parts- use while stir frying and the green parts-use as a garnish.
- When the chicken are all fried, take a curry leaf stem and dipped it in the hot oil, in that way the flavor from the leaves got infused in the oil and use this oil.
- Heat a pan on medium high heat then add 2-3 tablespoons of that curry leaf flavored oil. Slit a green chilli and add to the oil, remember to always slit green chilies before adding to hot oil because sometimes they burst open and that will be a terrible accident if it goes in your eyes.
- Then add chopped ginger. Add the chopped garlic. After that lower the heat to minimum and then add the yogurt mix and immediately start stirring. Then slowly increase heat to medium but keep stirring continuously until the mixture comes to boil.
- In the meantime, add the green onions. Two things you have to remember here, 1. The heat must be to the lowest mark while adding the yogurt and 2. Keep stirring until the mixture comes to boil. If you follow this then the yogurt mix wont curdle. The gravy will soon start to thicken.
Steps for mixing Chicken Fry with gravy
- Next mix the chicken very well with the sauce and then take it off heat but there is yet another thing that needs to be done. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil, to it add cumin seeds, 1 dried red chili, a few curry leaves and drizzle on top. Next drizzle some of all natural food color. Now your Chicken 65 easy gravy recipe is ready to serve.
3.Chicken 65 Masala
- Dry Red Chilies
- Kashmiri red chilies-5 nos.
- Coriander Seeds-2 tbsp
- Cumin Seedsd-2 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds-1 tbsp
- Maida/all-purpose flour-3 tbsp
- Rice flour-1 ½ tbsp
- Cinnamon (1 inch stick)-2 nos.
- Cloves-5 nos.
- Cardamonm-4 nos.
- Bay leaf-2 nos.
- Star anise-2 nos.
- Salt-2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Dry Roast the flavoured spices & chilies in a medium flame in a pan. Add the fennel seeds, cumin seeds & coriander. Roast until the spices turn in golden brown in colour and aroma comes out. Now you will hear the cracking sound of the spices. Remove it from fire and transfer the roasted spices into a plate for making it to room temperature.
- Add maida/all-purpose flour & rice flour and dry roast it in a medium flame so that the moisture will be absorbed and spice powder or chicken 65 masala will stay fresh for long time. When it turning the colour into golden brown, remove and take it out.
- Transfer the roasted spices into a mixture grinder along with the flour. Add little salt. If you want, you can add food color at this stage. Finely grind chicken 65 masala powder. After grinding transfer it into a plate and spread all over the plate and make it to come to the room temperature. Now transfer into a glass bottle so that it stays fresh for long time.
4.Chicken 65 dry
- Some chicken pieces, (boneless chicken), some lemon juice, salt, some garlic paste and ginger paste, some not little but a lot of red chilli powder, some black pepper and cumin seeds powder. Some yoghurt.
- 3 tablespoons of refined flour, Two spoonfuls of corn flour and one spoon rice flour, a pinch of salt.
- Some oil, some chopped garlic, some chopped green chillies, some coriander leaves.
- For Chicken 65, first of all, take some chicken pieces, (boneless chicken), add some lemon juice, salt, some garlic paste and ginger paste, some not little but a lot of red chilli powder, some black pepper and cumin seeds powder. Add some yoghurt to it and mix it well.
- Now, prepare its outside coating, add 3 tablespoons of refined flour, Two spoonfuls of corn flour and one spoon rice flour, by which this will become quite crispy from the outside after frying. Add a pinch of salt to this.
- Dunk the chicken into this mixture and roll it nicely. Lightly coat it and put it out. Do the same with others as well. Fry it in hot simmering oil. When it cooks, it will turn very crispy from outside, and nice and juicy from the inside. The fried chicken 65 easy recipe is ready now.
- Now toss it into the tempering. For making the tempering for Chicken 65, add some oil to a pan. Just heat it up, add some chopped garlic, just lightly sauté the garlic along with some chopped green chillies, Just light sauté it. Now transfer the chicken into the pan and toss it well. Before removing just add some coriander leaves.